Tuesday, September 1, 2015

#TeacherFriends "Music in the Classroom" Twitter Chat w Sara @SimpleSongs!


TUESDAY TWITTER #TEACHERFRIENDS TWITTER CHAT

We continue to gather weekly! 
Can't wait for THIS chat! 
MUSIC IN THE CLASSROOM! 

Hoping to gets lots of my own thoughts into tweets! 

We welcome Sara Wall to our spotlight. 
We met last month at Frog Street Press at their national SPLASH conference. 

How can you resist that Sara smile? 

We were actually both wearing our pjs -- as we met at the pajama party! 
I don't think we thought to pose for a photo together? 

I did have the presence of mind to ask Sara if she would be our #TeacherFriends guest.

Not only was she willing, 
but she will be our guest while in Tokyo on an adventure!
THIS IS A FIRST! 
GUEST tweeting from far-flung continent!  

Here are the questions for all participants to respond and share. 
  

It's like an open-book quiz.  
You can even schedule your answers if you want! 
{Just schedule in the minute AFTER the Q!

Sara will be giving away some products from Super Simple Learning. 
One winner will receive the plush SET AND their choice of DVD! 



In order to be eligible to win, you need to get your name and details listed on our Google Doc that will be tweeted just as soon as our Early Bird chat gets underway. 


Here's a reminder of the Tweet Zone differential! 
We start officially at 9PM EST,
but the EarlyBirds gather at 8:30. 


If you are truly new to Twitter, or chatting there, 
arriving for the EarlyBird 'ramp up' will be extra supportive. 

I've gathered a couple of thoughts about music here for you, too! 
This is the mind map that I made last summer. 
It is a FREEBIE download over at Teachers Pay Teachers. 
Just a few of the many ways that music makes a difference! 


Here are a couple of my favorite quotes-as-images for music! 



Tonight I will be giving away a digital copy of my perennial classic for September. 

I wrote the song, "Red, White and Blue" in the immediate aftermath of September 11th. 
It is such a fitting contribution as you reflect on that day. 

Many will use my simple patriotic song as a supplement to teaching the Pledge. 



The digital download gives you 2 Mp3s in a zipped file. 

If you're looking for my picture book version of the song, it includes a CD insert! 
Each has a chart of sign language to support the performance of my song. 


Take a look at this colossal Kinder collaboration! 
Each quilt square below was created by marble painting construction paper! 

What an amazing patriotic Kindergarten construction. 











I hope to 'see' you on Twitter tonight. 
Be sure that you follow me, as I am the moderator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...