Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkins Growing on a VINE!


Pumpkins: Growing on a vine! via RainbowsWithinReach

PUMPKINS: Growing on a vine! 

I saw these adorable pumpkins 'growing' on their vine while on my tour earlier this month in Virginia. How precious is the crepe paper vine that connects all of the preschool artwork? This display (directly on the wall, rather than a bulletin board) is superior in every way! 

Pumpkins on display with crepe paper 'vine' collaborative display via RainbowsWithinReach

The detail of the 'vine' is right at the top of my list of terrific-ness. Other stand out specifics? I am so appreciative that these young children got to explore their orange paint on their own terms. That's the advantage of PROCESS art! 


"Pumpkins are heavy." 

Finger Painting Pumpkins in Preschool via RainbowsWithinReach
"Pumpkins need water to grow." 

All this thinking about pumpkins growing on the vine, got my little brain a buzzin' and this little poem-dittie, is the result. I wish that you still had time to use it this year, but my guess is you'll need to pin it and put in your files for a 11 months from now. That's what I like: planning ahead! 

Five Little Pumpkins Adapted Poem from Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach

Speaking of pumpkins-on-vines. 
Here's a couple of close-ups from our Pumpkin Patch adventure. 
Yes. These are the same photos in Deanna Jump's new
"Pumpkin Patch." 
I am honored to have some photos in her project! 




We'll conclude with this great image from my visit to Texas last fall. 
What a great way to 'measure up' with non-standard units. 
How many pumpkins tall are you? 

Non-Standard Measurement using pumpkins as unit of measurement via RainbowsWithinReach









No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...