Friday, August 9, 2013

Onomatopoeia: Art Meets Language!

Onomatopoeia Art in the Elementary School via RainbowsWithinReach

As a 'singer/songwriter' I'm wild about the interplay of language and the 'sounds' of syllables. I get a kick out of saying, "syllabication!" As a former elementary art teacher, I'm cra-cra-crazy about children's expressive art. When they are combined together? Art and Language? Language and Art? Onomaopoeia? Behold art poetry. BAZINGA! 

Grand-slam. Home-run. Touchdown! Slam-dunk. Hole-in-one!


Onomatopoeia "DREAM" via RainbowsWithinReach

Not that I 'should' have a favorite...... 
but I'm a BIG fan of the word "DREAM." 

I may just need to print that one out and hang it above my desk! 

{Look up at the top of the blog under my freebies tab: 
there's a whole compilation of quotes on the dream concept.} 


Onomatopoeia: SPLAT via RainbowsWithinReach


Onomatopoeia: ZAP! via RainbowsWithinReach


Onomatopoeia Example in Elementary School: SPLAT! via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's what the whole class of onomatopoeia work/words on newsprint looks like on the bulletin board out in the elementary school hallway. I captured these at our WonderBoy's school in central Ohio. 


Bulletin Board of Onomatopoeia Examples in Elementary School via RainbowsWithinReach

Speaking of WonderBoy. As I type, they are headed this way! They are driving cross country to come spend the coming week with us, up here in our haven-home. 

Today is my hubby's birthday! It's a BIG birthday!  It's a party of epic proportions! We will be spending the coming days having a Zap, ZONK, SpLaT, bOOM, KerplunK time together. If I'm 'gone' from cyberspace, have no fear. I plan a big return! 

Have a great weekend! I'm just beginning or get the coming months orchestrated for school visits. It that's on your wish-list, it's time to start the conversation! 

*Thanks so much for your pin! That's how I get 'discovered.' 




Follow Me on Pinterest
I'm now at 129,665 followers!     
Click this link to go there directly! 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Now at 528 followers!

1 comment:

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...