Sunday, July 7, 2013

Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade

photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade

photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

Making school visits as an author-illustrator affords me the opportunity to see excellence in education. These glorious images were created by first graders in northern Ohio. They were hanging in the hallway to welcome students and visitors alike. The old teacher in me gets so excited over seeing this type of incredible work on display. 

From my observations it appears that each student created both a painting in primary colors and one in secondary colors as well. They were displayed together on bulletin board strips in the hallway. 

photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach


photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Primary + Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Primary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Secondary Colors in First Grade at RainbowsWithinReach

The paintings above remind me of the graphic 'thank you' notes 
that were created by third graders in response to my picture book, 
"You're Wonderful"
following one of my school visits. 

photo of: Third Grade Designs in Response to "You're Wonderful" at RainbowsWithinReach

I know that these images are probably of most excitement 
to my fellow art teachers. 

I have some earlier articles here that I designed for your support.

photo of: Color Theory Explorations for Children via RainbowsWithinReach

These images need to be uploaded to my 'Color Theory' article. 

photo of: Art History 101: Art Projects for Early Elementary via RainbowsWithinReach


photo of: Art Room RoundUP and Organization via RainbowsWithinReach


photo of: Pinterest Directory for Artists, Art Teachers, Teaching Artists + Creative types LINKUP (via RainbowsWithinReach)


photo of: 75 Favorite Arts and Crafts Projects for Children at RainbowsWithinReach

Some of My Favorite Arts and Crafts Projects 

Now that you've found me..... 
Would you please help support my efforts? 

Please pin from my post. 
I'm so grateful for your help. 
Pinterest is my biggest source of traffic and every extra pin counts.  


Follow Me on Pinterest
I'm now at 127,134 followers!     
Click this link to go there directly! 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Now at 450 followers!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors! My art class (K/1) did a series of Kandinsky Circles, 6 on each page. I hung them side by side and they looked incredible.

    :-)Chrissy ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful and fun post! Thanks for sharing and yes, I for sure pinned some of your stuff! Love it!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm surprised and impressed that art education is still going on in some elementary schools. And the level of depth seems pretty amazing as well. I remember playing with things like glue, paint and construction paper, but what we were doing was never related to any particular artist or style. It was fun, but that's all I remember about art class until high school humanities. It's nice to see there are teachers who understand that students of any age have the capacity to not only appreciate art, but to understand and be able to relate it to the world around them. A very hopeful post. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...