Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Creativity and the Power of the Internet

photo of: Creativity and the Power of the Internet: Story of Inspiration at RainbowsWithinReach

CREATIVITY + The POWER of the Internet

Once upon a time I found some black and white polka dotted coasters in the sale bin at JoAnn Fabrics. They spoke to me as 'canvas' ready for joyous exploration. At the time we had a lot of empty white wall space in our little FL homebase. I gathered up a lot of 'flotsam and jetsam' and a glue gun and set about making myself happy. 

photo of: Collage materials at RainbowsWithinReach
Ribbons and coaster and paint: oh my! 
At the time, I was focused on bringing about color and shapes on a time frame. I was on the "git 'er done" mindset and really wanted to focus and not allow another UFO (UnFinished Opportunity) to clutter my brain. So I set to work and started embellishing one square at a time.

photo of: Happy Little Assemblages at RainbowsWithinReach

And soon I had quite a few little squares that made me smile. 

photo of: Happy Little Assemblages at RainbowsWithinReach

The more fun I had......... 
the faster the project started coming together. 



Before I could get all the glue gun 'strings' peeled from the edges, we had the whole Granny Smith Apple green canvas hanging on the wall. TA-DA!!!! No UFO for moi! VOILA. But............ hold your hats folks, there's more. Stay tuned for the 'rest-of-the-story.' 


That would make for a happy little motivational moment, if that's where the story concluded. Silly me. I thought that was the conclusion. Yet no. YEARS after I had gotten all of my polka dots in a row, I received a FB communication from a 'secret admirer' out in the realm of the cyber fairies. 

It seems that my collage of happy little bits and pieces had conspired-to-inspire a whole INTERNATIONAL group of artists to create their own 'digital' community collaboration!!! I kid you not! 

Here's what the Facebook PHOENIX Art Collaboration looked like as it was getting off the ground. 









So now we have come full circle. 
What I 'started' with my simplicity generated this amazing work. 

This is the part where I attempt to put words around something both nebulous, true, significant and simple. Each of our efforts has the power to inspire, support, encourage, cajole, motivate, arouse, excite, goad, galvanize, spark, invigorate and enliven others. Perhaps, even without our knowing it! 

What could you bring to fruition today? What seeds can you plant that might journey forth into unknown quarters, if you were just 'to do' what you are capable of doing. Rick-rack and a glue gun might not appear to be all that profound to the naive onlooker and yet behold the same concept in the hands of a dozen brilliant wonders. 


Behold the power of the internet. What a gift. Such a tool. 

Collaboration. The new black. 



***Any gen-u-ine Art appreciators will want to dial back to last week's Tutorial Tuesday to watch the MASTER CLASS by award winning American Impressionist Painter Tom Nachreiner unfold in earnest. There are more than 100 photos of his work unfolding in the 2 hour class. 

I will tell you now that he painted for well over half of the demonstration class, on a canvas turned 'upside down.' Just yesterday he sent me a several paragraph explanation of his thoughts behind such an exercise. The man is fortunate to be recognized for his brilliance in his own lifetime. 

NOW!! If I could just attract the attention of some more elementary Art teachers to direct their students in response to my picture books. Cyber fairies? Are you listening? 

photo of: "You're Wonderful" Picture Book Response by 330 Kindergarten Students

Your 'pin' is the best chance of that message going out into the world.  Thanks, as always for your support.


Follow Me on Pinterest
I'm now at 127,315 followers!     
Click this link to go there directly! 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Now at 451 followers!
I've done some window shopping for you on Amazon. 
Yes. Your click through and purchase supports my efforts in the process. I'm an affiliate. 
The SARK book below is my absolute FAVORITE! 

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...