Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday's Fine Motor Fun

FRIDAY!!!! DID SOMEONE SAY FRIDAY!?!?!
Fine Motor leads to FINE ARTS, Part 14
Welcome! Or Welcome back!!
photo of: Printmaking ladybug cover: Fine Motor leads to Fine Arts, Part 14


Today let's get started with a look at the 'fun' in fine motor development!
Let's provide materials for children that work those fine motor muscles -- while at the very same time allow them to 'play' with the fine arts -- simultaneously. 


Look at these materials!!! Color. VIVID COLOR!! I LUV COLOR!!!
photo of: fingers build with over-sized, colorful building blocks
photo of: fingers build with over-sized, colorful building blocks

Open-ended possibilities for building.
INVITING!!!! 
Explore. 
Consider.
Squeeze. 
Push. 
Construct. 
Sculpt.  
Build!!!!
photo of: building with colorful gears, fine motor fun
Gears turning. Pieces working together. Team work, too!
These gears are on their second generation of finger-fun. 
The girls LUV'd them and now the WonderPeeps do too!

How about all of those patterns and shapes? 
Great opportunity to explore the world thru its common pieces.
photo of: building with pattern shapes and blocks from model
It's always great to get to my Author visits in time to see what's been happening before my arrival. 
I LUV LUV LUV'd seeing this bulletin board response to Eric Carle's classic, 
"The Tiny Seed."
LUV seeing the integration of the Art with the writing!!! 

This is the perfect blend of Fine Motor with Fine Arts!
These were HUGE in real life!
The blue background was that huge oversized paper on a roll paper. 
photo of: Four Seasons Art construction for Eric Carle's book, The Tiny Seed, kindergarten collaboration
Four Seasong: Collaborative kindergarten bulletin board for study of Eric Carle's "The Tiny Seed" 

The bulletin board above and the 'classroom' book below are both observations of my Author visit to Darby Creek Elementary in Hilliard, OH to their kindergarten department. 

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!
photo of: Kindergarten class writing book, Yankee Doodle nursery rhyme
How cute is this Yankee Doodle class book?
I have oodles of photos of class books created together. 
I'll be sharing various projects over the weeks ahead.
LUV this one with child's name + drawing!
photo of: My Marvelous Mom: kindergarten drawings for Mother's Day
Kindergarten bulletin board of pastel drawings for celebrating marvelous moms!!
These are 'marvelous-Michigan-moms' on the kindergarten bulletin board in the hallway in Taylor. 

Now watch as this VPK child in FL makes her mark on the  changing seasons!

photo of: Preschool drawing for spring, collage of progress over time
The little artist working on this picture had the typical top and bottom of her page filled: clouds across the top and four lone short flowers on the bottom. 

I wandered by and asked her, "what will you do with the middle?" 
I LUV'd checking back to see how she solved my dilemma.

REMEMBER!!!!! 
Always have the children see YOUR writing: 
both the process and the finished product!


what
To see the first 13 articles in this continuing series just click here. There's lots more in store, so be sure you come back next Friday as I'm busy editing pictures like crazy -- from this wild month filled with 'end-of-the-year' programs. I've been presenting all around the midwest!! 


-- Debbie -- 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, love your blog, I just found it as I was looking for some learning activities for kids. Just wanted to give you a big thank you for putting out so much effort giving quality information for parents.

    I'm subscribing to your posts so I'll be sure not to miss any of your tips.

    Best,
    Andrew
    Founder of http://StoryTimeForMe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew!! So glad that you've found me! I do work hard at sharing the brilliant ideas I see on my travels. I'm always hopeful that they will inspire others to creating the best possible environment for learning!!

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...