Friday, July 15, 2011

Crystal Springs Authors













With Melissa Sheldon holding the elevator doors I was able to make a punctual appearance for my big moment in the sun!! A huge thanks to Crystal Springs Books for giving me their BIG stage for an official author signing of my materials. Here are some photos of those who had the time to pose with me for a picture, which they can then affix inside the front cover to share later with their students. [I waxed on at length on this concept in a recent post.]

After all the hubbub settled down I was able to visit for a while with dynamic author, Greg Tang, known for his work in making math more accessible and interesting to children the world over. His website lists his quote, "It's not just about teaching math skills ... it's about inspiring kids to learn and to have confidence in their own thinking." It was fun to share with Greg about my blogging efforts and how I think his fans would appreciate getting to know him behind the scenes. We discussed how a blog would give him a platform for making his math puzzles available to a wider audience. What a joy it is to get to meet other authors in my travels.

Crystal Springs had all eight of Greg's books, including "Grapes of Math" and "MATH-terpieces." Now you get some inkling of an idea as to just why students & their teachers would be attracted to the way Greg thinks about Math. He is published by Scholastic and travels around the countryside. We shared a laugh over our occasional rides in limousines and what it's like to be educational rock stars. It was SDE that provided me with my life's one & only ride in a limo and the impression of that occasion is still near & dear to my heart. Thank you Staff Development for Educators for adding so much to my life!!!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...