Thursday, July 28, 2011

Awesome Anniversary Art







Dateline: Clintonville, OH. Annual May Celebration of the Arts. I'm invited to be the headliner for the 40th Anniversary of early childhood excellence. I get to perform with the children & their parents in the fellowship hall while everyone gets to see rooms and rooms of artwork created through out the program during the school year!!!

These projects were created by the very youngest in the program. These "collages" were created by the 2.5 year olds using coffee filters as the main ingrediant for their painting explorations (the filters become the main 'floral' elements and are fancy cut by the teachers.) The children then were directed to choose silk floral elements and stickers for further embellishment.

I was loving the floor to ceiling displays of color and design when the dear teacher came over and said, "I thought you might like those. We based them on the illustrations and quilts from your first picture book, "You're Wonderful!!"



Here are a few reminders of their inspiration for the exploration of their process paintings. You've got to love a teacher who extends the life and excitement of a picture book through the art projects in the room. Three cheers for the 2.5 year olds!!! Three cheers for the teachers!!

7 comments:

  1. I love the floral collages.
    The colors are so vibrant.
    I love art projects that are based on books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie... Did I just see you in Vegas? I swear I saw some crazy (said with love) lady dressed like you at the ZB booth! =) I love it!

    Did you present there? I presented on Thursday... it was my first time and nerve racking! I survived and am excited to do it again!

    Thanks for stopping by! I am sure I am going to learn a ton from you! I heart singing!

    Empowering Little Learners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how excited I am to be having comments on my posts -- after all of these years of talking to myself.

    Chesterbrook, I was hoping you'd see this particular post. Simple. Direct. Beautiful. Process & product.

    Jennifer: YES YES YES and YES!!! It was happy polka-dot me in VEGAS w my ZB friends. My presentations were Mon & Tues and I LOVED it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks... I have been working on my blog layout piece by piece, learning as I go along. We seem to have a shared love of colorful things :) This is a great project. These crafts turned out great and it is so fun that they came from a book!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, it's from YOUR book! That is even more exciting. It looks like a great book too :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel. Thanks so much for popping through and for your happy feedback. Yes, it is MY book that generated this particular artwork and to me that is a blessing beyond description!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful to see you spreading your joy!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...