Saturday, May 7, 2011

Final Finale & Farewell









This is it folks. These are the final handful of pictures taken on my tour of our US European Army Bases on behalf of "Month-of-the-Military Child" across Germany and then Italy. I can't believe it, but even all good things must come to an end..... and so it is true of my USO-like Tour of 2011. These are the pictures that followed our family evening of fun together in the school gym on the base of Camp Darby. Who knows where my camera was through out the afternoon together with the after-school group of mature elementary schoolers. I don't seem to have even one picture of all of that amazing fun??? Our own version of the "Piggy Rap" and no photos? I think it was probably a recharge your camera batteries sort of issue.

These photos are each dear to me in their own regard. The top one we got the whole family posed when the very mature daughter says, "HEY!! Wait a minute, we need our Mr. Clement in here!! He's the one who does all the work so you can have all the fun!!" I kid you not. Out of the mouths of babes. At her insistence we reposed the whole moment and Allen climbed into the shot. Look at the smiles of the kiddos the second time around. LOVE it!

The very last photo of the very last day, following the very last event. That's Vicki Long who I'm squeezing my thanks directly into her elbow. She was the brains behind all of the activity during my Darby-Debbie-Day. All of the coordination between programs, between buildings. It was all her effort. Standing behind me is the photo journalist SPC Tony Brazier who filmed an interview for the Armed Forces Network, Europe. I'll see what I can do to somehow transfer it over to this side of the pond. Thanks team. From the bottom of my heart.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...