Saturday, January 22, 2011

Santa and Friends




One of my favorite days of the year, is the one when Santa comes to school and I lead the singing. We laugh and there are presents all around. The cameras are clicking as quickly as the shutter allows -- capturing moments of promise and moments of delight. The most amazing part is walking out to my car at the end the day and realizing anew the part I play in the formula.

The children are familiar with me and the songs and the singing. We get settled and comfortable in our formula of music-making and clapping and then in comes the jolly fellow in his big red suit. There's plenty of excitement with his entrance, but there's also some visible trepidation. The bearded one sits in his rocking chair and sings along for several songs and I lead the children in simple puppet shows. We ring those bells together. We sing about reindeer. Santa gives me a high five and there's a soft and audible exhale, a sigh of acceptance.

It's worked like a charm. Year after year. Ho. Ho. Ho.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...