Monday, January 31, 2011

More LA LUV




It is so thrilling to open my email after a big event, like the Louisiana conference, look what I find:

"Hi Debbie, Met you today in Baton Rouge. I bought your book "Your Wonderful" for my five year old daughter, Faith. I read it to her one time and listened to the cd once. She LOVES it. She can "read" and "sing" the book after one time. She's so gifted and talented (lol). My son Luke is playing it on the piano as I type this. All this to say "Thank You" for what you do. The Lord is using your talents in a mighty way. Keep it up."

"I was just at the conference in Baton Rouge. I loved it!! Your keynote was so inspirational. I stayed for the Handwriting session, too. Wish I could have stayed all day. Thanks for everything and all of the ideas."

"I sent you a FB friend request as soon as I got home..... you were awesome...... If you have a chance to check out my pictures you will see why I am so touched by your work..... I have a 15 year old with Down Syndrome that is my world..... she would love you!!! the reason I got into the work that I do, to give back the life lessons I've learned from my angel......."

"Just back from the Louisiana PreK/K conference, I thouroughly enjoyed your general session and your two music sessions. I had met you briefly last year and was so excited to see you listed as this year's keynote speaker! You are fantastic! I only wish I could have you come to our school and surprise our children. If it were possible I would love to coordinate a visit. Thanks for your style and enthusiasm. Loved it!"

"I attended all of your sessions today, LOVED them all!"

"I taught my kids 'Red, White and Blue' today.... and they liked it so much. You are such an amazing lady. I don't think anyone can top you! I soooooo wish we could get you back to Louisiana for a special session. I would be there with bells on."

"You were so great yesterday. This is my first year in PreK and now I feel like I can bring my class to life with your songs. Thank you."

"We so enjoyed your work! I love the quote from Mother Theresa. It is my favorite.... I had never heard that before. Keep up the great work. You are a blessing."

"I taught 'You're Wonderful' to my class the morning I got back. I don't know who likes it best? The kiddos or their teachers? Can't wait to teach it to my other class tomorrow.... they loved the sign language and I loved hearing them use the 'big' words."

Well that's at least the tip of the iceberg. I think you get the idea. This type of feedback is such a delight. The work I do is useful to teachers the very next time they step foot in their classrooms and that is the whole idea, right? It's such a blessing to share my travels and adventures with the front line of teachers and their administrators, too.

Let me promise you, they revive me -- just as much as I revive them.... such a very delightful cycle to watch unfold. Let's keep it rolling!! Share you stories with me. Share your children's artwork. Share you ideas that springboard from our time together!! SHARE!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...