Sunday, December 26, 2010

Quilt for "Red, White and Blue"

Sometimes a morning goes flying past at such speed that I hardly have time to keep up with myself and all of the excitement unfurling in real time. When the NYC morning's young 14th St. Y preschool class emerged from the elevator I was so excited that I completely forgot my role as documenter slash blogger. There's no explanation, other than I was thrilled with their emergence into my presence. They came roaring across the lobby like a herd of buffalo. There were a couple of flags in the group and the teachers were carrying this child created quilt in honor of my new picture book.

I LOVE this quilt project. I LOVED it so much at the time that I totally forgot to snap any pictures, as it was time to get the party started and begin our singing together. Nili was clever enough to send me a digital postcard of the children's work long after I'd returned home to the midwest.

What I particularly appreciate about this effort is that you can clearly see that the children created the squares themselves. Ric-rack and tissue paper, cellophane & card stock, wrapping & scrap book papers......... all tied together with magic marker love. Child created in it's authenticity, yet a masterful masterpiece of mastered methods. Are you feeling the love?

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful photo of the quilts! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas back home in the midwest:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah,
    I just LOVE seeing what the teachers direct the children to create in response to my visits.

    It's so great to share their ideas with others.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...