Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The BUMP Reunion!!






Upper East-side Manhattan. East 80th Street. Caedmon Montessori School. PreK kiddos under the direction of my ol' friend Carmen. We were buddies back in the ol' days at BUMP in Bexley and now she is sporting a baby-bump of her own..... being just weeks away from bringing baby into the world. There will be lots of highlights to remember from my NYC/LI tour, but singing a duet with Carmen on "Tall Giraffe" will always rank right up there at the top!!! Carmen left the cow-town of Columbus to land on BROADWAY -- yes THE Broadway, singing and dancing in a short lived musical of several months duration. So I can honestly, genuinely say that I've sung a duet with a Broadway caliber songstress.

My favorite part of this afternoon? The first several classes were already gathered at my feet and we were awaiting the arrival of the final class. So as I was 'warming-up-the-crowd' I started some banter. I told the preschoolers that I lived VERY far away...... all the way in Ohio!! The response from one of the boys was, "wow, I live on the sixth floor." Then the other chimed in, "I live on the eleventh floor." "I live on the sixteenth!!" My response?? I said, "I live on the first floor." Are you ready for it? One of the girls gives me the most puzzled look ever. She skews up her whole face and says, "You live in the lobby???" Classic. Timeless. Worth the price of parking in the garage across the street -- that's for sure.

"You live in the lobby??" Wow. I'll be telling that one for the decade ahead. Thanks Carmen, for making it all possible. My goal was to get this newest picture book into the big apple -- to share the actual quilts with kiddos in the city. Here's the evidence of crossing that hurdle!!!
"You live in the lobby??"

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...