Friday, November 12, 2010

THINK TANK Dinner


NAEYC. Thursday evening. The amazing conclusion to an amazing day included an amazing gathering with completely amazing people over fairly amazing food to talk about amazing possibilities and amazing history. No doubt the most amazing part of the whole evening, was that I was a participant!! I must be feeling better: AMAZING!!!! Here is the gathered brain trust from our Zaner-Bloser contingent combined with the brilliance of our friends from the parent company, Highlights for Children. A rare and delightful social gathering to celebrate all things "High Five" and to enjoy and appreciate each other's company.

The last time I was together with the majority of this group, we were in Vegas at 'I Teach K' and it was hot, July-Vegas-hot. At that point in my long term "recovery" process, I would go directly from the exhibit hall floor to my luxurious room and order room service and totally collapse for the remaining couple of hours before cranking it up all over again the next morning. Four months later, here I am presenting a workshop at 8:30 a.m., singing & dancing at the booth from 10 to 6:00 and still smiling at our dinner reservation at 6:45....well actually this looks more like we've just had 'chocolate in a bag' for dessert. I am pointing this out, primarily for my own benefit. I am, apparently, making progress. Long term, documentable progress. Whooooohooooooo!!!!

P.S. I just got an email today, confirming my participation for I Teach K 2011, Vegas!!! I will have two workshop presentations: Sing into Science and Get a Grip (handwriting.) Make your plans now. It will be a great marker to see how I'm 'managing' by next July.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...