Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Company Comes!!


Don't you just LOVE having company come over? The planning ahead, the looking forward to, the spritzing things up, clearing away the pile of newspapers and mail, coming up with a menu, and getting furniture for your lanai? Well. Laugh-out-loud. We really were prompted to track down some furniture for our wonderful, new, Florida room. The carpet was installed over the weekend and we found these great, tall stools and a table/bar contraption that fits our eating while admiring the view lifestyle. The two ceiling fans make for supreme comfort. The whole lanai ensemble is VERY beige..... VERY, VERY beige. I must go do some shopping for pink flamingos. Yes. That's what we need...... a flock of pink flamingos. (Maybe I should ask my significant other how he feels about flamingos.)

We have to come to Ocala Florida to visit with our friends from Cleveland, Ohio. Go figure. The fellows went out in the backyard and golfed and Edwina and I canvased the area for flamingos, while plotting out my next visit to her ol' stomping grounds. Edwina is the brilliant grant writer who pulls rabbits out of hats. This year she has written her grant in such a way as to include my new picture book into the bottom line. Each of her classrooms will receive "Tall Giraffe" prior to my arrival for the big show in the big gym: Head Start classrooms, children with special needs, parents invited -- the whole enchilada. Ohhhhhhh and during our retail therapy outting I found a 'giraffe' purse, that is large enough to carry the picture book and my giraffe 'costume.'

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...