Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Hannukah!!




Yes. That is my personally, custom-made, two foot dreidle!! It has withstood my spinning for over a decade of fascinated preschoolers. I made it back in the day, when I was the 'music lady' every week at two branches of our local JCC -- Jewish Community Center. For those of you who might want to make one for your own classroom..... I remember the main ingrediants. The main frame was a frozen chocolate chip cookie dough box from Market Day home sales. The spindle is an especially heavy duty gift wrap cylinder. I then decorated that with some twine (hot glued directly to the gift wrap tube.) The cookie dough box was wrapped in heavy duty blue craft paper and then sponge painted. I cut the Hebrew letters from heavy felt and you guessed it, hot glued them in place, too.

It has informed children across the state. We've had fun spinning all sorts of little dreidles together..... even the pips have a 'spin' at it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love watching the children focus on trying to spin their dreidles and I love the large one you made. What a terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...