Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Get This Party Started




It's my annual return to Childhood League. I was posting my FB status yesterday morning before driving downtown & realized that thirty years ago I was in the process of applying & interviewing for my first "full-time" role in education. Dateline 1979. Seriously!!

At that time I was headed downtown to the 'old building' and meeting with Dave Proctor, long time director. I was not their first choice...... Dave gave me a second interview with some League representatives of that era, out of the kindness of his heart. I remember him telling me that while the other candidates had better credentials, he thought my 'general' skills, personality & flexibility might fit the situation as a better match. The rest is history. New building. New director. Lots of faces from across the 30 year history to greet me & 'welcome' me home. Priceless.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...