Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rural Life: Agriculture


Sights along my Wednesday bike tour. Today I rode for over 33 miles -- bringing my total to a nice round 300.3 miles in just under three weeks. The biggest news of my cycling career: today, for the very first time, ever, drumroll please: I passed two cyclists going up a long, gradual and then steep, steep hill heading out of our village! My adrenaline surge was the biggest thrill of my riding career. There are two people on this peninsula, who ride even SLOWER than I do. Congratulations, to me!!

Door County, while curently quite famous for it's travel/tourist industry and it's amazing support of the arts was originally an agricultural bastion, noted for it's cherry orchards and all the fixin's that emerge from cherries. The rolling hills are dotted with working farms, many of which sport their '100 Year' placard with pride.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...