Thursday, December 11, 2008

Swanton Holiday Celebration

Ladies and gentleman........ Da-da-da-da..............(the ringing tones of my fluggle-woogle-bugle get everyone's attention.) Welcome to Swanton's Holiday festival celebration. I literally followed the holiday parade into town!! To conclude the parade it was the marching band, then Mr. & Mrs. Claus pulled by a beautiful team of horses, then the firetruck and police car with blinking lights and screaming sirens and then the 'dittie-mobile' driven by yours truly, brought up the rear. All the way out to the high school we went. I was seriously waving to all who were in the act of folding up their lawn chairs and blankets and brushing off the picturesque snow. It was an incredible cross between Norman Rockwell and Currier & Ives. Ya just gotta love small towns. My visit was a gift of the Friends of the Library.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...