Sunday, December 7, 2008

On the Road to Handwriting

So I drove thru the blustery winds, and mounting snow and arrived safely in Omer, MI to share my songs and book with children in their Head Start program. The elements had delayed the arrival of the morning bus, so I had a few minutes to document all of the amazing efforts at fine-motor development, which support the children's introduction to writing. Each child has a 'journal' and as soon as their arrival at school, they are to sign in. This is child directed, with no 'teacher-hovering-directedness' allowed, and each child has the time and space to 'write' their name as they are able. Above you see the first documentation in Connor's journal on Oct. 28 and then his efforts the day before my arrival. Are you as amazed as I at the progress in six weeks?? WOW!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...